Bananas are low-fat fruits that abound with vitamin B6, vitamin C, manganese, biotin, fiber, copper, and potassium. We may all be familiar with the fact that bananas are beneficial for our health, but what about their peel? Did you now that this part of a banana also contains important nutrients, and has many different beneficial uses?
Here we will outline some of the beneficial uses of a banana peel and an extra recipe for weight loss.
Banana Peel Beneficial Uses
- Rub your teeth with a peel of banana for 15 days and you will have a perfect white smile as a result.
- Your teeth will be healthier and whiter due to the potassium found in the banana peel.
- Anti Acne and Wrinkles
- Take a peel of a banana and rub it on the problematic skin area and leave it to act for about 30 minutes.
- Banana peel is useful for your skin in general, not only for your face because it includes antioxidants and anti-aging properties.
- In addition, it stimulates hydration and provides the substances needed for skin health.
- On the other hand, vitamin C and antioxidants stimulate circulation and thus lessen wrinkles.
Skin Wart Removal
- As it was already mentioned above, the banana peel is quite beneficial for skin care and health.
- Therefore, it can help in skin wart removal or prevention.
- All you need to do is put a piece of banana peel on your wart, put a bandage over it, and go to sleep.
- You will notice a great result even after the first use, but repeat this procedure until the wart is completely gone.
- Banana peel may also be great and beneficial if you use it instead of analgesics.
- It is a completely natural way to fight against pain.
- So, if you are experiencing pain in any part of your body, just take a banana peel and rub it on, and the pain will disappear.
- Unfortunately, the banana peel cannot completely heal psoriasis, which is a skin disease, but it can soothe the skin and alleviate the symptoms.
- Due to its nutrients, the banana peel will hydrate your skin and relieve you from the unpleasant itching.
- What you need to do is quite simple – just rub a banana peel on problematic areas.
Stimulates Weight Loss
- As you already know, bananas abound with potassium.
- However, 40% of potassium is found in the banana peel.
- This mineral can increase your metabolism, provide more energy, stimulate burning calories, and thus help you lose weight.
There are also many other banana peel ingredients that help weight loss, such as fiber, antioxidants, vitamin A, vitamin B, and many others.
Banana Peel and Black-eyed Peas Recipe
Here is a banana peel recipe which will stimulate rapid weight loss:
- 4 green banana peels
- ½ cup black-eyed peas (if fresh, soak in water during the night)
- 2 tablespoons coconut (unsweetened and grated)
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon mustard seeds
- Juice squeezed out of one lime
- Put chopped small pieces of banana peels in a pot of water, add the turmeric and a dash of salt, then bring to boil, simmer until the peels become soft, and drain the water.
- If you want to prevent sticking just put few drops of oil.
- Then, boil the black-eyed peas until they soften, if fresh. And if you used canned, just wash and drain them.
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the mustard seeds and cook until it starts popping.
- Then, add the peels and the black-eyed peas and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add coconut, mix well, and at the end add the lime juice and some salt.
- Note that you should always use a fresh peel, right after you peel the banana, and never put it into your fridge.
- Also, keep it away from direct heat or sunlight. Furthermore,
- choose green banana peels rather than yellow ones, since they contain more probiotics, which stimulate weight loss.